Qigong consists of a series of highly effective rejuvenation methods which were passed down secretly from master to disciple. Its history can be traced back at least 3,000 years, and includes self-massage, shaking and stretching movements, and sophisticated breathing and visualization techniques. The word “Qigong” has a range of meanings which is not exhausted by any one word or phrase. It implies the idea of gaining understanding by studying the effects of cultivating one’s energy over a span of time. It has been enthusiastically received by medical doctors because its benefits have been measured scientifically. Another audience has been martial artists, who have been able to witness its effects on their performance. Qigong is especially relevant in today’s world, where stress and pain are widespread. These gentle techniques can be practiced in a variety of settings, require no equipment, and produce immediate results.
In the Qigong courses, the following topics are covered:
- Fundamental principles of correct cultivation
- Correct breathing for increasing energy and/or promoting relaxation
- Basic Qigong practices for health and longevity
- Practices for correcting patterns of imbalance
- Practices for back pain
- Practices to augment function of the immune system
- Practices for strengthening the eyes & improving vision.