A Teishin is a small healing instrument made of gold, silver, jade or other precious materials. The word itself signifies a ‘needle-like instrument or probe that does not penetrate the skin.’ Shamanic healers in ancient China discovered and developed the points and meridians of acupuncture using stone probes several thousand years before the invention of needles.
What distinguishes it from traditional acupuncture, is that it does not penetrate the skin, but it is set apart from acupressure in that it applies a more exact, intense stimulation of acupuncture points than would be achievable with simple pressure. The advantage of this is obvious for people who fear needles.
Puncturing of acupoints became more fashionable during the 1600's with the advent of steel needles.
The purpose of treatment is to heal and protect the "Three Treasures."
Qi - nourishing, defensive and organ energies
Jing - fluid secretions
Shen - energies of intelligence and awareness
The goal of the courses is to train practitioners in "needle-less acupuncture" to locate and manipulate the essential acupoints.
The word teishin signifies a needle-like instrument or probe that does not penetrate the skin. The advantage of this is obvious for people who fear needles.
- Our increasingly popular courses, stress the importance of personal supervision to develop proper technique and consist of a beginner and advanced course, each consisting of 10 hours.
- the once secret extraordinary meridians
- selections from Ma Dan-Yang's 12 Heavenly Star Points
- internationally recognized auricular points
- famous area master points
- Facial Rejuvenation
- In Facial Rejuvenation students learn to use the same 15 acupuncture points used in expensive cosmetic acupuncture face lifts.
- Teishin Vision Repair
- Teishin Vision Repair uses a combination of vision restoring acupuncture points with herbal formulas, and exercise techniques. This sophisticated system is very effective for correcting both near and far sightedness.
Also available are specialized courses in sports injuries and pain and stress issues.
Fees are arranged according to the number of participants and travel expenses where applicable. Upon completion of both levels, participants are eligible to be listed as qualified practitioner on our website, use of our trademarked teishin logo, and a 10% discount on teishin purchases.